These cookie bars are great for your holiday parties!
These cookie bars are: Gluten-Free and Vegan
Is anyone else also obsessed with cookies like I am? They are my fave go-to dessert to bake. Not only are these bars so easy to make, but they are also great for when you want something with as few steps as possible. Perfect for those late-night cravings or when you end up stress-baking!
This recipe uses mostly whole foods ingredients and is much better for you than your average cookie bar full of inflammatory oils, saturated fats, and processed sugar.
Now, these still do contain sugar so please enjoy in moderation! I try to keep my sweets to less than 10% of my diet, but you do you.
1 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used soy milk)
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp cacao powder
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix ground flax seeds and non-dairy milk in a medium bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix in wet ingredients and stir together with a fork.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Line a 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper and coat with oil or vegan butter.
- Bake! Let them cool before cutting into squares and enjoy.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes
If you make these cookie bars, tag me on Instagram here: @dr.dainapatel
For more delicious recipes, check out the Recipes page.https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/153263193561518596/sent/?invite_code=587e7faeaa5c412097d52f93d8834682&sender=153263330977388265&sfo=1