My vegan and gluten free mochaccino brownies are super rich and chocolatey with just the right amount of sweetness. Bonus: they also contain a little extra protein!
Vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free
1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/3 cup Natur-a Cappuccino Organic Soy Milk*
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp arrowroot starch
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
*note: the soy milk contains sugar
Line a loaf pan (8.5×4.5×2″) with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flax seeds and water to create a flax egg. Set aside for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add sugar, cappuccino soy milk, avocado oil, tahini into the bowl and whisk until combined.
- Fold in coconut flour, almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder, arrowroot starch, and salt in until combined.
- Add in vanilla and chocolate chips and fold just until combined.
- Batter should be thick and slightly sticky. Pour into the loaf pan and flatten the top with a spatula.
- Bake on middle rack of the oven for about 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the middle and if it’s mostly clean, the brownies are done. Keep in mind the chocolate chips will be melted and will cause the toothpick to come out unclean.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
These brownies DO contain some caffeine so if you are sensitive, avoid eating these before bed.
If you happen to make these mochaccino brownies, tag me on instagram @dr.dainapatel
*Disclaimer: All products are bought with my own money and I am not affiliated with any of the companies nor am I sponsored by them. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This just means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product. This does not cost you anything and it just helps me run my website. Nothing in this post is considered medical advice. Please speak to your health care practitioner when implementing a lifestyle or diet change. See Disclaimer.